The Digital Designer is responsible for delivering effective, aesthetic, on-brand, and on-strategy creative for websites, web pages, product graphics (including art direction of photography), email promotional creative, email templates, social media graphics, and banner ads. S/he must be able to provide visual guidance and synthesize the visions, needs, and wishes expressed by the Fly Five team for the look and feel of Fly Five marketing campaigns, publications and other materials, creating designs that meet these visions and needs, and seeing the materials through production. These materials include all marketing digital and print promotional pieces, catalogs, PowerPoints, social media, video, and newsletter content. They may also, from time to time, contribute to book and material layout for virtual and in person workshop books and supporting materials.
The Digital Designer creates, manages, and produces digital design solutions for a variety of uses: websites, product graphics, email templates, social media graphics, videography, brand campaigns, and photography. While some projects may require directing external resources, the role is expected to be hands-on.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Website and Online Design
- Produce the design and production for websites, product graphics, web logos, social media graphics and banners, static and rich banner ads, email campaigns, and email templates.
- Translate product positioning, existing research, and offline/online marketing strategies into effective designs.
- Work with e-commerce teams and internal and external developers to ensure aesthetics also are aligned with usability, accessibility, and web standards.
- Work with developers to ensure proper implementation within a web environment and ensure consistency and integrity of the creative vision.
- Translate wireframes into simple, easy-to-use User Interfaces.
Designing for Marketing Campaigns
- Work closely with the Creative & Art Director to translate and create marketing requirements into compelling, appropriate campaigns and designs.
- Manage and produce digital design work, including banner sizing and versioning.
- Ensure consistency of brand and creative across digital customer touch points.
- Design on-brand creative solutions for a variety of uses: websites, product graphics, email templates, social media graphics, brand campaigns, and photography and print products
- Produces marketing catalogs, brochures, materials needed for trade-shows and conferences and other displays, and other marketing materials
- Creates materials needed for tradeshows, Fly Five advertised events and other displays and signage, this could include PowerPoint templates, handouts, programs, advertisements, and promotional items.
- Provide design support to create offline graphics. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES REQUIRED:PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
General Graphic Design Administrative Tasks
- Manage and build a library of photo, art, and font files.
- Oversee the photography and photograph editing
- Oversee videography projects executed by F5 marketing team or freelance videographers
- Apprise the Chief/Director of photography and illustration needs.
- Work in collaboration with other CRS designers to design and produce catalogs, brochures, postcards, advertisements, and ancillary items
- Maintains brand integrity in design elements for digital and print use
- Works with a mailing house for mailed pieces and or digital advertisers as assigned
- Works with the marketing team to plan campaigns in support of all CRS products and services
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in digital design, graphic design, graphic communications or related field.
- Minimum 5 years successful professional design experience, preferably at a digital agency or inhouse Web team for a product-driven business.
- 2-years experience in producing vibrant digital marketing content, managing asset portfolio
- Strong portfolio of design work, showing solutions to business problems through effective design.
- Able to present concepts and lead internal teams to the correct solution.
- Experience in web marketing/web design with a strong knowledge of HTML, Adobe Suite, FTP, web design and development principles
- Experience with WordPress and Woo-Commerce design and theme processes
- Experience designing e-commerce websites or advertising
- Strong work ethic and personal accountability
- Knowledge of 1-, 2-, and 4-color printing techniques
- Illustration and Photography experience preferred
- Skilled in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, MS Word, PowerPoint, and WordPress software
- Ability to work in both a Mac and PC environment as required by project
- Strong organizational skills and file management abilities
- Receptive to direction, feedback, and editing from people with varying roles and backgrounds
- Deadline-oriented with the ability to prioritize work to meet project due dates
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at one time
- Strong attention to detail
- Perform effectively as a team player in a highly collaborative work environment
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance
- Ability to pass periodic background (including fingerprint) checks
- Ability to use a computer for up to 8 hours per day, with breaks and lunch.
- Ability to talk on the telephone for up to 4 hour per day.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds on occasion.
- Able to travel by airplane and automobile, occasionally
- Must be able to show proof of Covid-19 primary vaccinations or submit a medical or religious exemption
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individual jobholders may vary from the above description. Other duties, as assigned by the jobholder’s supervisor, may also be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions