Center for Responsive Schools (CRS) is a nonprofit educational development organization and publishing house committed to developing high-quality social and emotional learning (SEL) programs, products, and services for students and educators. CRS has a 40-year history of developing research- and evidence-based SEL programs, products, and services that educators worldwide use. The work of CRS is designed by educational professionals and rigorously tested in the classroom and school settings for which they are intended to be implemented, using improvement science research.
CRS is located in Turners Falls, MA, and looking for talented people to engage our customers and help us grow the business.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Graphic Design Specialist coordinates internal and external resources, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule, and defined budget for Fly Five programs and initiatives. They must be highly organized, eager to learn, flexible, and work cooperatively with others to meet shared objectives. They should seek ways to improve the processes necessary to get work done with outside resources, including third-party vendors and matrix teams. They readily learn and adopt new technologies and scan the environment for new skills, knowledge, or capabilities to benefit the business or their personal performance. The Graphic Design Specialist relates comfortably with diverse groups of people, understands design programs and processes, prioritizes multiple projects, can maintain and track project and departmental budgets, has strong organizational skills, and can coordinate workflows to meet deadlines.
The Graphic Design Specialist is responsible for implementing the design direction the Creative and Art Director of Fly Five Programs set forth. This includes adhering to the creative processes related to brand design and visual communication and possessing the ability to work in both digital and print mediums. This position requires maintaining a high-quality, current, unified brand and style across all Fly Five products and materials. We are looking for a highly motivated and responsible team player who is self-driven, pays attention to detail, and can consistently develop creative ideas and produce quality work in a fast-paced, deliverable-driven environment. This is a full-time, remote position. This work requires travel off-site, and it requires customer-facing meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Interested in learning new things and has a growth mindset.
- Technical Expertise: Mac proficient; experienced in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Creative Cloud, Envision, Microsoft Office products, and Google Suite; able to design for any medium, print and digital.
- Artistic Sensibility: Creativity and ability to create current, timely, aesthetically pleasing, and invitational designs are essential; one must have knowledge of and experience in applying design principles and design elements.
- Organization: Must be organized, prioritize multiple projects, manage versions, have substantial filing and curating ability, and manage projects to meet deadlines and deliverable timelines.
- Analytical/Reflective: Able to accept feedback on work and examine work to make adjustments or improvements.
- Willing and able to learn a variety of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms, such as but not limited to Salesforce, HubSpot, Absorb, Absorb Create, Monday.com, Slack, etc.
- Understanding of various file types and variations for print and digital.
- Flexible, dynamic, and engaging, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- A team player who can forge new partnerships that bridge people and organizations.
- Able to prioritize under deadline pressure.
- Delivers in achieving outcomes, and goals, and solving problems.
- Excellent with time management and is highly organized.
- Able to work independently as well as on matrix teams.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Disposition is consistently professional, cooperative and collegial, evidenced by workplace maturity, composure, perspective, transparency, reliability, integrity and trustworthiness.
- Capable of creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Caring for and commitment to the mission, vision, and direction of CRS.
- Respects and values diversity; represents CRS positively and professionally in interactions with clients, vendors, and the community at large in both real and virtual interactions.
- Able to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Ability to pass periodic background (including fingerprint) checks
- Able to use a computer for up to 8 hours per day with breaks and lunch
- Able to talk on the phone for up to 8 hours per day
- Lift up to 30 lbs. on occasion
- Able to travel by airplane and automobile, occasionally
- Must be able to show proof of Covid-19 primary vaccinations or submit a medical or religious exemption