Center for Responsive Schools (CRS) is a nonprofit educational development organization and publishing house committed to developing high-quality social and emotional learning (SEL) programs, products, and services for students and educators. CRS has a 40-year history of developing research- and evidence-based SEL programs, products, and services that educators worldwide use. The work of CRS is designed by educational professionals and rigorously tested, in the classroom and school settings for which they are intended to be implemented, using improvement science research.
We are seeking a six-month contract for a Social Media and Community Specialist.
The social media and community specialist posts and administers content on identified social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, to build an audience and ensure customer engagement for the Fly Five SEL curriculum. They optimize Fly Five account pages to increase community engagement while supporting current and prospective customers. The social media and community specialist follows through on the logistics of delivering content to various social channels, such as managing a content calendar and scheduling posts. They also monitor site metrics, respond to reader comments, and nurture relationships within the social channel community.
The social media and community specialist will clearly understand how current marketing trends and tools can be used to drive clear brand messaging through highly effective campaigns.
Planning and Analyzing Digital Marketing Strategy
- Monitor site metrics and report content analytics.
- Execute social media strategy through relevant platforms that include posts, reels, stories, and live events.
- Publish and share daily content (original text, images, video, or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Create and optimize Fly FIve pages within each platform to increase the visibility of the organization’s social content.
- Network with industry professionals and influencers.
- Communicate with social media followers, including responding to queries promptly to bolster engagement.
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the Fly Five moderation policy for each community
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules.
- Capture and analyze the appropriate social data/metrics, insights, and best practices, and then acts on the information.
- Collaborate with other departments (educational partnerships, design, content, and curriculum, etc.) to manage reputation, identify key players, and coordinate actions.
- Stay up to date with social media best practices and technology.
- Work with team members to ensure that content is informative and appealing and promotes brand awareness and identity.
- Meet throughout the workweek via video conference to provide status updates, communicate roles and responsibilities for the workload, strategically plan tasks to meet deliverables, and discuss challenges that need problem-solving.
- Work collaboratively and positively with matrix teams, including internal departments and external vendors.
- Take the initiative to adhere to deliverable dates and implement feedback to elevate work.
- Degree in communications, marketing, business, new media, or public relations
- Experience as a social media and community specialist or a similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and other social media best practices
- Demonstrable knowledge of social media networking and social media analytics tools
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Experience with researching audience and buyer personas
- Positive attitude, detail, and customer-oriented with intense multitasking and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment